#14. Spend a Whole Day Relaxing
This one’s pretty self explanatory. I napped in the sun, caught up on some reading and lounged around the house. Easy peasy.
#10. Celebrate a Foreign Holiday
This item is a repeat from last years list. However I liked it so much I decided to do it again. As apposed to last year when my friends and I celebrated Indonesia’s Independence Day this year I celebrated Bastille Day. Basically Bastille Day celebrates when the French stormed the Bastille Prison on July 14th, 1789. This “battle” marked the beginging of the French Revolution. Of course I’m sure there’s a whole bunch more that happened but that’s about all I learned from my research. Anyway to celebrate I colored a French flag and then went to a French cafe in my area that had a big celebration. Woo.
#1. Go kayaking.
I absolutely love canoeing and kayaking. Sadly I don’t get to do either very often. So I knew I had to complete this bucket list item before the end of summer. It was pretty uneventful but fun. My mother and I went to a lake near our house, rented a kayak for an hour and that was that. Eventually a splashing war broke out and at one point my mom answered a call when we were in the middle of the lake. Oh and I also named the two packs of ducks the Capulets and Montagues since they seemed to dislike each other.
#72. Stay outside for twelve hours straight.
Here’s how that went down:
- 9:00- 12:00 – went to the beach
- 12:30- 1:30 – jet skiied
- 1:30- 2:00 – did bumper boats
- 2:00- 3:00 – had lunch outside
- 3:00- 4:30 – mini golfed
- 4:30- 4:45 – ok so we did have to drive but technically I think it still counts as tweleve hours straight
- 4:45-5:30 – walked the sand dunes
- 5:30- 6:45 – had dinner outside
- 6:45-7:00 – snowcones outside
- 7:00- 8:15 – watched fireworks outside
- 8:15- 9:20 – walked the beach one more time
May the summer be ever in your favor,