- Have a garage sale.
Blow bubbles. Chase after them. Laugh. Have fun in a photo booth. Write a complaint/satisfaction letter.* Shoot a gun. Wake up every morning before 7:30 a.m.
- Have a huge water fight.
Eat strawberry shortcake.
- Superglue a quarter to the ground.
Start a blog. Participate in a charity walk/run/event.* Read a nonfiction novel. Have a shaving cream war.
- Finger paint a picture on canvas and then frame it.*
Climb a tall tree.
- Use a Polaroid camera to take pictures with random people, then let them keep them.*
Make monkey bread.
- Post-it note a car.
Do 100 sit-ups every day.*
- Hula hoop, jump rope, and play hopscotch.
- Participate in the 30 hour famine.
- Go a whole day without technology.
- Destroy a watermelon.*
Pick an official summer song. Have everyone I meet for a day sign my shirt.*
Spend one whole day barefoot. Wreck my Wreck this Journal. Create something made out of duct tape.* Send a message in a bottle.
- Send a handmade card to a stranger from the phone book.*
- Go to a concert.
- Attend a midnight release/premiere.
Celebrate a foreign holiday the way the natives do.*
- Get a tan tattoo.*
- Throw a paper airplane off of a bridge.*
- Stay outside for 12 hours straight.
- Pick flowers. Give them to someone.
- Set up a lemonade stand.
- Talk in a British accent for a day.
- Help an old lady cross the street.*
Buy a pet goldfish. Carve my name into a tree. Go horseback riding.
- Draw a chalk masterpiece.
- Watch a meteor shower.*
- Dance in the rain.
Paint fingernails each a different colour.
- Go fishing.
- Get a henna tattoo.
- Master the art of towel folding.
Watch the clouds. Go to a farmers market.
- Fly a kite.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Go to a theme park. Ride all rides.
- On a rainy day, play all the board game classics (Scrabble, Life, Battleship, ect.)
Plan an awesome prank. Then do it. Go to the zoo.
- Go laser tagging.
Play mini golf. Try to get a hole in one.
- Go paintballing.
Go bowling. Try to win. Send messages via snail-mail to friends.
- Make message balloons. See if someone responds.
Go on a bike ride.
- Go on a picnic. Enjoy the home-made summer food.
- Go peach picking. Make a homemade peach cobbler.
- Plank, just because I can.
Get manicures and pedicures with friends. Act posh. Ride a mechanical bull. Walk el perro (dog) everyday.
- Direct a mini movie.
- Have a spontaneous scavenger hunt.
- Have a fancy tea party. Crustless cucumber sandwiches included.
Get over my fear of needles. Make smoothies. Then sit on the porch and enjoy. Go to the gym regularly/run regularly to get in shape for soccer. Take a picture every day of summer. Go to the pool a ton. Perfect my cannonball. Get a dark tan.
- Take a Zumba class.
- Spend the day doing ridiculous things.
Paint a face paint masterpiece. Show it off in public. Go on a “date” with best friend. End of the night kiss not included. Go rock climbing.
- Stand on the sidewalk with a sign that says “Honk if you’re sexy.” See how many honks I get.
- Go hiking.
Make a collage. Have an egg war. Walk on the beach at night. When it’s someone’s birthday for example, if they’re turning 14, get them 14 presents.
- Make a giant chocolate chip cookie.
Spend as much time outside as possible.
- Make pizza with friends. Try new toppings. Mushrooms?
- Rent a paddle boat.
- Go tubing. Relax on the river.
Rock a totally unique outfit.
- Roll down a giant hill.
Actually do my chores. Tie dye a bra. Paint pottery.
- Do yoga as the sun rises.
- Learn how to curl hair.
- Go canoeing or kayaking.
Bury myself in the sand.
- Go crabbing.
Freeze a water balloon. Because why not? Leave my signature everywhere. Write a letter to a soldier. Colour an entire colouring book. Midnight swimming.
- Volunteer at an old folks home. Talk to the people there.
Go pair-a-sailing. Build a sandcastle; complete with towers, drawbridges, and moats. Participate in a Shakespeare production/See a Shakespeare production. Have an impact on someone’s life. Make a batch of homemade cupcakes. Practice archery.
* stolen from www.gonewiththesummer.wordpress.com